How To Cut Out Sugar From Your Diet?
If you have a sweet tooth you will have to find out ways to cut down sugar from your daily consumption to be a part of heart healthy lifestyle. This is essential if you have been diagnosed with type diabetes or prediabetes. Consuming sugary drinks that are filled with empty calories can cause weight gain and also spike the blood sugar levels. Weight loss programs like Nutrisystem, Medifast, etc delivers foods that are low in sugar. The foods delivered by them are low glycemic which are absorbed slowly into the blood stream for digestion. This slow digestion does not cause sudden rise in blood sugar levels thus helping the dieters to regulate their blood sugar levels. On the other hand, the glycemic foods keep the dieters feeling full for a long time suppressing the hunger pangs that arise in between meals. Here a side by side comparison between nutrisystem and medifast is made for you to choose the most suitable program.
The following suggestions may help you cut out sugar from your diet:
- Cut back on sugar that you add to drinks like coffee, tea, juices, etc that you take on a regular basis.
- Drink water in place of sodas. If you want to drink something sweet you can choose diet drinks over sugary drinks.
- Eating fruits canned in water or natural juice is healthy than the ones canned in sugar syrup. When you have to eat it accidently drain and rinse the excess sugar syrup.
- When buying foods compare the ingredients lists and choose the ones that have less sugar. You can easily locate the added sugars in the ingredients list.
- You can add fruits to oatmeal instead of sugar.
- Instead of adding sugar you can try adding extracts like almond extract, vanilla extract, lemon or orange.
- Add spices like nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, allspice instead of sugar.
- Cut down non-nutritive sweeteners that satisfy your sweet tooth.