Sometimes women forget to take care of themselves. They might forget to listen to their body. But remember that there are several malignant health conditions that can easily be treated if they are diagnosed early. Take breast cancer for example- there has been a sharp increase in the number of breast cancer cases being reported. Increased awareness is the need of the hour. Women should start understanding the risk factors and also consider getting periodic mammograms done. It might only take the same amount of efforts and perhaps the same expense as the cheap.louis vuitton bags but the effects might be long-lasting in this case. So here are a few things you should know about mammograms –
- There is very little discomfort involved in the procedure. So there is nothing to be scared about getting a mammogram done.
- If you already have gotten mammograms done in the past, it would be important to carry the previous results for the procedure.
- There are different types of mammograms available and if you belong to the high-risk category look for the best quality mammogram which gives accurate results.
- It is better to avoid the use of heavy moisturizing lotions or deodorants while going for a mammogram. These products might sometimes affect the visibility of the results.
- Sometimes mammogram results alone might not be sufficient. So if you obtain anomalies in the result there might be other tests done to diagnose the condition better.
- Women above 40 years of age might be recommended to get an annual mammogram done.
- CAD or computer-aided detection is one feature that has been added to mammograms in several places. This is good to have as it drastically improves the precision in observing the tiniest of details. So even the slightest warning sign would be picked up easily.