Circumcision is the removal of foreskin surgically. It is the tissue which covers the head of the penis. Today there are many parents who get their sons circumcises for many reasons. The circumcision is performed usually on the second day or the first day after birth. The procedure would become a little bit more complicated in children and men.
Is circumcision really necessary?
There are pros and cons associated with undergoing the procedure. Parents should have a talk with the doctor about the risks and benefits associated before you make a final decision. Other factors like religion, culture, personal reference will also have to be taken into consideration before you take the plunge.
Benefits of circumcision
- Lower risk of getting urinary tract infections
- Protection against the penile cancer
- Lower the risk of getting sexually transmitted diseases
- Prevention of inflammation of foreskin and glans
- Prevention of the phimosis condition wherein the men faces the inability to retract the foreskin
- Prevention of paraphimosis condition wherein the men faces inability to make the foreskin back to its original position
The other advantage is that it helps the person to keep the penis’s end clean. But this might be quite a drastic step to take just to maintain cleanliness. The best option one could opt for is to buy an electric groin trimmer for men as it will help a person to maintain cleanliness and free of infection.
Risks associated with undergoing circumcision
Just like other surgical procedure, one might encounter few risks that are associated with this procedure. However, the risk is quite low. Listed below are few of them one might face.
- Irritation of glans
- Risk of causing injury to the penis
- Risk of infection and bleeding at the circumcision site
- Increased risk of inflammation of opening of penis known as meats